2018 Rookie Training Course
Training begins May 14, 2018
Acquire the skills necessary to successfully navigate a raft full of passengers through exciting class IV whitewater! No experience necessary as we will teach you every aspect of whitewater rafting including:
- Anatomy and characteristics of rivers “River Sense” . Reading whitewater, recognizing hazards, rapids etc.
- Equipment – Proper use, maintenance, and rigging of paddles, boats, and gear
- Strokes – The techniques, uses and effectiveness of all the strokes you utilize as a commercial river guide.
- Rescue – Self rescue, rescuing from shore, rescuing from other boats, throw bags, technical rope systems
- Guiding – having the technical ability to navigate rivers is just one piece of the puzzle. We teach you how to mold your novice passengers into a efficient, productive and educated paddling crew.
Cost of the training program is $450.00 This includes all the gear you will need during the training and does not guarantee employment at Liquid Descent. Your hiring as a official guide at Liquid Descent will be determined by your work ethic, ability to guide, your customer service, your ability to work with others and your attitude. Trainees who are hired will have 1/2 of their training fee returned upon completion of the 2nd season of employment and the rest refunded upon completion of their 3rd season. CPR and first Aid certifications are required before employment can begin. Liquid Descent offers trips on rivers ranging from class II to class V and as a liquid Descent trainee you will get to run it all! Training begins May 14th, 2018 at 9am at our shop in Idaho Springs, CO The training is physically demanding and very challenging. River guiding is one of the most exciting and rewarding occupations available. We are looking active folks with adventurous spirits, if thats describes you than come experience the summer of a lifetime.